Health Benefits Of Ginger
Ginger is a root tuber that has been used for medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. There are many health benefits of ginger to be gained just from including this spice in your diet. Now, science is studying this plant and researchers are finding amazing information about the health benefits of ginger. Ginger has been found to work wonders in the treatment of everything from cancer to migraines.
Medicinal Uses Of Ginger
- ginger promotes the release of bile from the gall bladder which assists people suffering from gallstones
- joint pain from arthritis may be decreased by ginger
- ginger also demonstrates blood thinning and cholesterol lowering properties
- ginger is effective in treating nausea caused by seasickness, morning sickness and chemotherapy
- compounds in ginger are active against a particular form of diarrhea
- tea brewed from ginger is believed to be a remedy for the common cold
- ginger has been used to treat inflammation
- research suggests ginger may be useful for treating diabetes
- studies have shown ginger induced cell death in ovarian cancer cells
- ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells
- ginger has been used as a natural heartburn remedy
- ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels
- cancer-inhibiting compounds 6-gingerol and 6- parodol are found in ginger
The list goes on and on! No wonder the Indians called ginger the king of spices.
As you can see the health benefits of ginger are enormous. It doesn’t matter whether you include it in food or drink it as a tea, either way you will enjoy better health and wellness.
University Of Minnesota (2003, October 29). Dietary Ginger May Work Against Cancer Growth. ScienceDaily. Retrieved July 31, 2009,